On Wednesday, May 5th, Governor Reynolds lifted the mandate limiting dental practices to emergency procedures provided offices are in compliance with the latest guidelines set forth by the Iowa Dental Board. While we have continued to treat dental emergencies through the COVID-19 crisis, we are happy to announce that we will be seeing all patients effective immediately.
Our office consistently reviews our policies and infection control procedures to ensure we meet and exceed those recommended by the CDC, OSHA and the ADA. In addition, we have added the following measures to ensure the safety of our patients and staff;
- Upon entering the building, all staff will maintain at least six feet of separation when feasible; perform regular hand hygiene; and wear face coverings to disrupt the mode of transmission of COVID-19.
- Daily health screenings of all employees including temperature, recent cough, new onset of shortness of breath, exposure to COVID-19, etc.
- Additional routine cleanings of all doorknobs, reception areas and clinical areas throughout the office.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at our check-in/check-out areas.
- Multiple additional hand sanitizer stations have been placed throughout the office to encourage proper hand hygiene for staff and patients.
- Air purifiers (Aerus Air Scrubber and Surgically Clean Air) with HEPA filters and UV light have been installed and will be strategically placed throughout the office to help reduce airborne pathogens.
In addition, patients will notice the following;
- Our staff will be asking specific screening questions prior to scheduling and again upon arriving for your scheduled appointment.
- Patients will be encouraged to complete patient registration information prior to arriving for their scheduled appointment.
- The waiting room will no longer be utilized for patient check-in. Patients will be instructed to check-in from the parking lot and wait in their car until their scheduled appointment time.
- Patients will be asked to wear a face covering to their appointment.
- Appointments will be scheduled to minimize the traffic flow within the office as well as aid in providing adequate time to properly disinfect operatories between patients.
What about my previously scheduled appointment?
- If your previous appointment with us was cancelled and we have not already contacted you to reschedule, please contact our office (563-359-4270) to reschedule an appointment.